9.21.2013

Late Pass: First Friday Ventures

I know I am super late but so much has happened in the past two week. I can finally get around to posting about First Friday.

Our first stop was the Art Mongerz gallery:

I freaked out over these minitures! I love miniture models.



Lovely downtown.  Our treck back was great.

I don't know what this instrument is but the music he played was so nice.

We found out there was a mini food truck festival the next block over at the Carolina Theater.  It was nice and quiant with long lines.




We then ventured into Oscar Oglethorpe's eyewear shop:



The store's employees had a ball picking out frames for us to try on.  Free beer and cool frames. Loved it.  Afterward we went up to Center City Park and checked out the music then visited the Center for Visual Artists and checkout out two gallery openings.  The first one was ANIMATED!






Interactive art.


Showcasing characters from various anime.

Ran across Belle and her prince.




Every medium is was awesome. I loved the printed work the most.

We decided to mosey on over to the Design Competition opening across the hall.

Had a pretty decent crowd.

This photo does not do the colors in this any justice.

Mylar. I LOVE mylar.



This was a furniture design event. I'm all for artistry and creativity but I believe in functional furniture.  The music was hype, I had to ask the DJ for a couple of tracks that he had spinning.  The night was awesome and we saw so much art.  Great way to start my weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment