9.21.2013

The Fall Classic

So this time last week I was experiencing my first major fighting game video game tournament.  It was headlined as the EVO of the east coast!  I totally enjoyed myself. Warning: this post is image heavy... I guess.


The Thursday before I decided to girl out and paint my nails while Team BFP had their practice session.

Saturday morning as soon as I got off work, I put on my BFP gear and rolled out to Raleigh.  At this point I was very nervous.  The hour ride wasn't so bad.  I was ready to meet up with the crew so we can start the day's activities.

When I got there, I introduced myself and got settled in with the rest of the volunteers.  The organizers threw me a shirt and put me on staff.  I felt so honored.

Before the doors opened. I had an all exclusive pass onto the main floor.

The lobby during late registration.

Team BFP!


I got my boy Chris on staff!  Photo by Chris Davis
Packed house!


The main streaming station.  There were four total.

Watching some matches.

I believe these were during the team finals.  It was so hype.

Ran into a cosplayer. She came as Sakura from the Street Fighter franchise.


More fun in the crowd.


It was crazy being on staff. Basically putting it, I was a runner. There were some staff running the pools and I had to assist with finding certain players and directing players looking for their particular pool to fight in.  At one point I was on stream keeping players and spectators from getting to close to a high profile player's match.  Felt great!

There were several giveaways, they were throwing t shirts, arcade sticks, and bags into the crowd.  Donnie won a Mad Catz bag.  He was elated.

Standing behind Chris G, Sherry Jenix, and PR Balrog watching the Marvel tourneys!  There were quite a few big names there.  AE world champ Xian, Ricky Ortiz, and Skisonic (who Donnie played against), just to name a few.

Jerrod and Mac got to meet Justin Wong.


They also got to talk to Yipes!


After meeting Wolfkrone.

Even though we were moving the whole time and were basically on our feet the whole weekend. We smiled the whole way through.  Our team did decent even though they didn't make it out of their pools.  It was a great learning experience for all of us!  We stayed the night with our friend Chris in Oxford and came back on Sunday to watch all of the final tournaments.


This was taken during the last match on Sunday night.  Our peers left earlier in the evening and Donnie and I decided to stay it out since it was our first major.  Go hard or go home. It was so amazing even though we weren't happy with the grand finals for Street Fight IV AE.  The tournament ended around 10PM and they raffled off the last of the prizes. I won a Gamester Gear shirt and it was just my size.  We headed back to Greensboro and I melted into bed. I woke up so tired for work the next morning but it was so worth it.  I am so inspired. I plan on praticing now and actually competing for events starting in January.  After finding out whole Sherry Jenix was, I made a new goal to make a name for myself amongst the Fighting Game Community.  Long live the FGC!

During the last raffle.  Photo by Marie Kathleen



No comments:

Post a Comment