2.02.2013

Saturday Love: Art Culture Edition

This is the first Saturday that I have had absolutely nothing planned. I had a potential event [The FabEllis Two] to go to but the tickets had not become available. So I am spending my Saturday watching The Walking Dead, doing some leisure blogging, and thinking about last night.

Property of Love and Happi(Ness)
My boyfriend Donnie, our friend Ronnie, and myself. Courtesy of Robert Bratcher [@creativebobbie6]
Last night after our BFP meeting, me and some of my closest friends went out to Greensboro's First Friday Event. We toured through several craft shops and art galleries, chowed on light hors d'oeuvres, and mingled with several artists apart of several co-ops.  It was a great networking experience. I had to leave early but it as still a good night.

As I sit and plan out my calendar from here until May, I try to add in some days to take time for more art appreciation and taste expansion.  I want to eat, drink, and live art. I don't want to wait once a month to have this, so I am looking for more opportunities in the immediate area, whether it be the Piedmont or Triangle.  I'm taking full advantage this year.  I had a great time traveling and such last year, now's the time to top that.

Saturday Love is going to be a new biweekly series of posts focusing on different types of love for myself.

With that being said, I leave you with a music selection fit for today. I love the Cherrelle and Alexander O'Neal original but this remake done by Toro Y Moi definitely sets the mood in a mellow type of way.



No comments:

Post a Comment