2.08.2013

Friday Five: Valentine's Day Desires

A lady can dream right?  I love thinking of interesting date ideas and such but deep down I am such a traditional girl.  I love picnics and candlelit dinners because I don't get that often so when I do, it is cherished.  With Valentine's day coming up, I have been coming across items that I would definitely love to add to my "date night" inventory.  Here are some  "must haves" in my opinion for this romantic holiday:


1. Vino To Go - This is a 10 oz. double walled, insulated, acrylic tumbler that comes with a lid and are BPA free.  They are usually sold in packs of two. I find these cups totally adorable and they would be so perfect for an outdoor picnic or a ladies night out poolside and such. Feeling fancy yet? Find it for sale here.

2. Personal Fondue Mugs - These are awesome for those nights when you want to "fondue" it but don't have the funds to hit up your local Melting Pot restaurant. They are microwave and dishwasher safe. Each set comes with two mugs and four skewer forks. Find it  for sale here.

Photo courtesy of The Wannabe Chef
3. Chocolate covered strawberries - These delicacies are always a nice staple to romantic holidays.  These can be bought at your local sweet shop but this year I plan to incorporate these into my day and make them myself.  They may not be a s fancy but they will get devoured.


4. Candles - What sets the mood better than candles?  You can either buy some votive candles with some fancy holders or you can get some flame-less leds and take some old candles and clean them out and do some fancy DIY magic to them.  Some examples: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Photo courtesy of Brew 23
5. Good Food [preferably pasta] - Last but not least, good food. I don't know what it is about romantic dinners but pasta is definitely the way t my heart.  I fall in love with my cooking every day but when I really want to appreciate myself or spoil the one I love.... pasta is where it is at! I plan to make a cajun chicken or shrimp pasta on V-Day. Here's a good looking "three cheese chicken penne" copycat recipe to inspire some ideas.

What are some of your romantic "must haves"?



No comments:

Post a Comment