10.21.2013

Putting in Work at The City Market

This past Thursday, I volunteered for the final City Market of the year.  The city market was started back in the spring and runs through the summer into early fall.  It's usually held from 5-9:00PM in the downtown railyard (now converted into a paid parking lot).  There are a lot of vendors and local businesses that sign up to advertise and sell their brand.  Another part of the market of course... is FOOD.  There are catering companies and restaurants that come out and provide tapas side samplers and drinks. The currency for the food market is tickets and they cost $3 a pop. 


I was nervous since this was my first city event that I volunteered for.  I got to meet the main organizer Nick and his family.  He organizes 5K's and walks outside of the city market and is really cool and can really handle the pressure of sudden changes.  I was put in charge of selling tickets along with two other young ladies and Nick's mother Julia.  The whole night was filled with jokes, food, good company, and lots of entertainment.

My setup for the night.

Vendors still rolling in.

Setting up for the market.

The music tent being set up.

Potpie from Maria's. It was so delicious and I demolished it.


Even though it had rained, there was still a pretty decent turnout.  People came prepare regardless of the weather.

War machine showed up the the market. I hope he comes to City Con next weekend.

The clown made us a rainbow since it was a rainy day.

Fire dancers.


The chicken taco I acquired from Crafted and smoothie from Maui Wowi. DELICIOUS!  When I finally got home, I was able to kick back and reflect on the night.

Volunteer shirts from the night and for Saturday.

I didn't get too many photos due to working and camera quality of my camera. Check out more of The City Market and it's past events here.



No comments:

Post a Comment