5.06.2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Free Comic Book Day

On the road! We were excited for the day's events.
Don came to my apartment to scoop me up and we headed to our first stop, Acme Comics.  Acme comics is pretty much the oldest comic shop in Greensboro and has a lot of clout.  The employees are awesome and nice and they host great events.  The wait in line was quite long (about an hour long, yeesh).  While in line we witnessed cosplays from the "Up all night party" at Geeksboro from the previous night for the folks wanting to be first in line.  We were also given free waters and comic sketches from local artists for the kids to color while waiting.  It was pretty cool.  Don and I watched a little "One Piece" on my phone and it definitely passed time a little faster.

Some of the line's entertainment:
Female Deadpool
Tony Stark's looks: relaxed on the left and business man on the right.
 This is actually our second sighting of the two Starks. We spotted them earlier this week at the Iron Man 3 premiere on Thursday night.  I love the business look but was very impressed by the mini arc lit up under the other Tony's shirt.
Snapping shots in our [bfp] shirts as we wait.
Finally in the door!
So close!
Inside the main room of Acme Comics
So finally after two hours of socializing, meeting folks, answers Geek culture questions about comics for prizes, and checking out new busts on display in-store, we make it out with our free books!  Let me tell you, I was elated!  That bag was hefty.
So happy that I got my comics. They spoiled us.
We decided to hit up Parts Unknown, another local comic shop in the UNCG area.  It's been around for awhile and is a cute little quaint shop with nice employees and a warm and inviting owner.

Spring Garden, can you spot Superman on the corner?
We got there later in the afternoon so we missed out on a wider variety due to limited stock.
My picks!
This shop is so intimate, I love it.
I fell in love with the paper mache superheroes lining the walls. 
Overall it was a successful day. I enjoyed myself and so did Donnie. Mission accomplished.  We spent the rest of the evening vegging out on Lego Batman 2 and pepperoni pizza.  I definitely worked that off around midnight trying out this new workout dvd I acquired.

I pray that y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment