5.25.2013

Stay True and Keep it Awesome!

Source: http://liquidinplastic.com
Sooooooo it's officially my birthday weekend!  I'm currently at work since I'm making up some hours.  My ailments and a bunch of business put a big delay on my 25 by 26 list so I will accomplish these goals by the summer's end.  It didn't put a damper on my mood or anything, I just keep striving forward.  I have been discovering so much lately and this excites me and opens up more opportunities for me this summer.  I am going to work on vlogging and such.  I am expanding and finding more and more people that share similar interests with me.  **A little secret:  I have always embraced my nerdy/geeky side (what-have-you) but I have always kind of kept it low-key around certain folks due to them just thinking that I am just straight up weird. That all changes from this point on.  I will be posting more about those interests up here since this IS MY personal blog anyway because I find myself having so much to say about the shows I love and my current activities and going-on's but can never get any ideas posted when I want to speak on other topics.  So I guess in a way that this is a sign that I am trying to hard and not being fully true to myself and my blog.  All of my current drafts seem so gimmicky and just- UGH!  Sooooo I will be posting more about the things that I love.  So be prepared to be bombarded with superheroes, movies, shows, activities, and ideas.

Highlights of my week
  • I found a ton of blogs geared toward lady geeks and girl nerds of color.
  • I befriended two female competitive fighting gamers of color through twitter.  They are so nice, inspirational and quite awesome.  They also play games that I dabble in!
  • All of my plans for the summer for [bfp] is slowly but surely getting locked in and recruitment is looking very promising.
  • Cashing in all of these free birthday coupons and such. This will carry throughout the weekend.
  • Quality time with the boyfriend.  He is really embracing my vlogging.
  • I rediscovered Dr. Who and am now officially a Dr. Whooligan! (I like to think I coined the phrase since I believe the official title is "Whovian" but I like Hooligan better.)
  • Caught up on Game of Thrones, YEEEEEAAAAAH! I want dragons now.


I'm sorry ready to leave this library and take my client home, get some red robin and red velvet cupcakes, and go to the trampoline park in Winston-Salem with the boo.  So much fun planned.  You all have a great weekend. My personal new year starts tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment