4.23.2013

Foodie Files: An Evening at Dame's

Dame's Chicken & Waffles! Finally!

We sat down and placed our food and drink orders.  After giving the menus back, I told Donnie I usually take a photo of the menu so he snatched one off the neighboring table and posed.

This was such an impromptu trip. We had a lazy day at home and we were being bums (hence the sweats).  Roaming about town in between tornado warnings, running errands, and wandering in a living food store; our stomachs were on the fritz so finding some eats was the answer.  A couple of the usual places were brought up but all I had on the brain was Dame's Chicken and Waffles.  So we decided to make a stop.

He was excited to be finally getting some food.  

Our sides came out first. I have to snag a pic of boo's first.  He ordered the the Quilted Buttercup with mac  n cheese on the side.  It's an herb mac n cheese.  Very different taste but it was delicious. The texture and amount of cheese was an even balance. Quite decadent.

I ordered the Buff Brahmas with the wings instead of the cutlets and got the Whiskey Creme Sauce on the side.  The waffle was decent, to be honest, I've had better. In combination with the smear, sauce, and chicken, it was quite awesome.   The chicken was fried to golden perfection and had so much flavor packed  in it.  I don't indulge in fried chicken often but when I do, I don't like to be disappointed and this certainly did not disappoint.  I also ordered the spicy greens for my side and I cannot get them out of my mind! I am still aiming to master cooking greens so I can put my own spin on them.

All in all the dinner was awesome. A bit pricey but the food was definitely worth it.  I want to visit the original location in Durham to see if there is a difference in quality or taste.

Food: 4/5
Price: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 3/5

Dame's Chicken & Waffles [Greensboro]
301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Greensboro, NC 27406



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We got a table right away. Now the wait is the one thing that I have heard people complain about. The first time that we attempted to go, the wait was an hour.

      Delete